Part I – structure
Number of beds in the hospital: Number intensive care beds for ventilating patients: Number of theatres where anaesthesia services provided: Do you have a chronic pain clinic ? Number of procedures per year: % of patients with general anaesthesia: Number of residents in training: Number of anaesthetic nurses: Number of fully trained medical anaesthesia providers:
Principal requirements of Helsinki declaration Which of the following protocols are available in your hospital?
Part II – Risk management & outcome
- % of procedures for which WHO Safe Surgery Saves Lives Checklist is carried out:
- Does your institution produce an annual report on patient morbidity and mortality?
- Does your institution comply with anaesthesiology recognised sedation standards for safe practice?
- Does your institution contribute to the recognised national or other major audits of safe practice and critical incident reporting systems?
- Does your institution provide the resources to contribute to these audits?